The 2012 Technology Multiple Choice Test
Hey, why not give a quiz to prep for 2012? Makes sense to me. And since a *ton* of technology-related shenanigans have transpired thus far, this seems to be the best way to get (me) up to speed. So here we go…
 What is SOPA/PIPA and what’s it got to do with me and my Interwebs?
- a) A kind of flaky, crumbly dessert one can only order online
- b) The latest round of US legislation aimed at protecting copyright holders/owners at the expense of users (like us).
- c) The new Cirque du Soleil show, where they block your domain name for watching it.
- d) None of the below.
- e) A good thing to shelve and/or majorly revamp.
 What’s all this talk about Drone use in the US?
- a) Wait, like the bee?
- b) It was only in N. Dakota and over some cattle, get over it.
- c) Marks the beginning of what could become a very disturbing trend.
- d) Well what else can you do with $37 billion?
 I remember hearing something about Carrier IQ… Do you?
- a) Basically if you own a cell phone your carrier can gather and track all sorts of personal data from your smartphone.
- b) Yes, I do remember hearing something about it in-between Thanksgiving and Xmas meals…
- c) It’s almost the latest “to do" on Congress’ investigatory checklist.
- d) I don’t own a cell phone.
 Why does Google want to include “My World” into its searches?
- a) Because social media is awesomer then just plain searching.
- b) Because social media is the new SEO.
- c) Because we are Google’s best products.
- d) Because organizing the world’s information just isn’t fulfilling anymore.
 Really? Only 5 questions…
- a) Well, yeah.
- b) So much to cover, in such little time.
- c) Looking to start really pushing Cyberspaces and Global Affairs, actually.
- d) More to come… Obviously.
- e) all of the above.
Answers:  - b, d, & e, - c,  - a, b & c,  a-d,  e